Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies
Alvernia's Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral HealthLearning to Change Lives
Alvernia's Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies program is one of the first of its kind in the United States, pioneering its combined approach to addiction studies and treatment. You'll find this major highly relevant, challenging, and rewarding in the quest to understand, and personally address, some of society's major problems. The degree is widely used in related fields such as criminal justice, mental health, and children and youth agencies.
- Alvernia's Behavioral Health degree provides a core of expertise for those individuals seeking administrative, counseling and casework positions in areas such as Addiction Studies, Mental Illness and Child Welfare
- Our program gives you the skills to provide quality treatment services for addicts by helping them overcome their addictions and lead productive lives. You'll learn to help people heal themselves both physically and mentally, as well as, how to counsel friends and family members who have been affected by a person's addiction.
- Two field placements will give you hands-on experience in a workplace environment, giving you valuable real-world expertise and creating expanded employment opportunities in your field.
Behavioral Health graduates find employment in outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation centers, hospitals, corporate employee assistance programs, prevention and intervention centers and other social agencies, with positions in:
- Addiction Counseling
- Case Management
- Child Welfare and Related Agencies
- Community-Based Prevention/Education Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Outpatient Programs
- Inpatient and Halfway House Programs
- Hospital Detoxification Programs
- Methadone Centers