RN to BSN programs in Pa
Alvernia's RN to BSN Completion ProgramFlexibility for Your Future
Alvernia's RN to BSN programs in Pa prepare you to integrate values, skills, knowledge and ethical standards of the nursing profession into your nursing practice.
- Designed for RN's who are graduates of diploma or associate degree nursing programs, or new graduates who anticipate taking the NCLEX-RN exam.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is widely considered a standard requirement for RN's seeking broader professional responsibilities and career opportunities.
- You'll develop and enhance your expertise to provide healthcare to people at any age, families and communities.
- Alvernia is a transfer-friendly university. Many RN students transfer to Alvernia because we make it easy for you to become part of the Alvernia community, and we work with you to make your transfer a smooth process.
- Our RN to BSN Completion program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Alvernia's Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree gives you the skills for many, varied positions, including:
- Staff nursing for a hospital, physician office, rehab center, hospice or psychiatric facility.
- Community nursing in a public health department or agency, hospital outpatient department or home health service.
- International nursing (military, government agency, private organization, international business or mission service)
- Self-employed nursing practitioner with a physician group, HMO, public health agency, and industry.
- Long-term care nursing
- Government nursing
Your BSN also provides the foundation to pursue an advanced degree and specialize in areas such nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, and nurse midwife, as well undertake nursing education or research at a teaching hospital, wellness center, vocational program, or a college or university. No matter what your aspirations and dreams, we'll give you the tools and support to help your career thrive.