Financial Aid Pa
Alvernia AffordabilityA Valuable Education You Can Afford
Alvernia offers a private education at a cost you can afford. Our tuition is competitive and you'll find we are an outstanding value in the marketplace. Compare Alvernia's tuition and fees to those at other schools and you'll find we offer an outstanding education value that is affordable. We are committed to helping you find the best ways to receive financial aid for your education.
Financial aid PA
- Loan Opportunities: There are many different types of "student loans" available, and Alvernia can help you understand which ones may be right for you. Some of these loans, such as Stafford Loans and PLUS Loans, are federal loans, meaning the rules and regulations are set by the federal government. Other types are the PLUS loans, available to grad students, and lender-financed private loans.
- Merit Scholarships and Awards: Alvernia offers scholastic merit scholarships, transfer scholarships and scholarships funded by outside donors. We can help you find the ones you may qualify for.
- Need-Based Grant Programs: These programs provide federal and state grants based on your financial need. Grants do not have to be repaid.
- Work Programs: Graduate Assistants have opportunities to work with professionals in a variety of disciplines and assignments, gaining valuable experience and receiving an hourly wage, plus tuition remission.
- Tuition Deferment Program: This popular program allows Alvernia students to postpone payment for classes until employers reimburse them at the end of each semester.
- Monthly Payment Plan: The plan is a convenient alternative to lump sum semester payments.
- Military Service Members and Veterans: Alvernia offers tuition assistance, various Montgomery GI Bill Benefits and federal assistance.
- Tuition Discounts:
- Graduate degree students who are employed by organizations on Alvernia's Partners in Non-Profit list are eligible for the 20% Partners in Non-Profit Discount.
- Leadership Berks Alumni who have matriculated as well as area employers that have supported Leadership Berks are eligible for the 20% Leadership Berks discount towards any graduate degree program and a waiver of the application fee.
- Alumni who enroll in a graduate program are eligible to receive a 25% tuition discount.
Contact our Student Financial Planning Office to learn how we can help make your tuition more affordable. Wherever you want to go, Alvernia wants to help you get there.