Community Counseling Masters Degree
Alvernia's Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling DegreeBe Prepared to Make a Difference
As a community counselor, you can play an important role in a community by helping individuals and their families through mental and emotional illnesses or hardships. Alvernia's Community Counseling Masters Degree covers many facets of the counseling profession, preparing you to work with families, couples, disabled people or those struggling with addiction. Community counselors face constant challenges but are rewarded knowing their changing people's lives.
- The MACC program has been developed to correspond with the academic and experiential requirements for licensure as a Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania.
- Demand for community counseling services is expected to increase dramatically in the coming years, fueled by an increased focus on preventive counseling and intervention.
- You'll be taught by practicing licensed mental health professionals, with years of experience in the field.
- Gain valuable experience networking with other counseling professionals and cultivate relationships with classmates and faculty.
- Alvernia helps you acquire the broad range of skills, tools and knowledge you need to prepare you for an advanced counseling practice position.
Alvernia's MACC degree prepares students to become licensed as Professional Counselors in Pennsylvania. Graduates find many professional career opportunities some of which include:
- Agency Counselor (Inpatient/Outpatient)
- Addictions Counselor
- Mental Health Counselor
- Adult Therapist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Case Manager
- Crisis Intervention Therapist
- Director, Counseling and Advising
- Private Practice