Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
Alvernia's Master of Arts in Liberal Studies for Community Leadership DegreeImagine Being the Leader You Know You Can Be
Maybe you've got a passion for being a leader in a sustainable community, either in the profit or non-profit sector. Maybe you're driven to explore community issues and really do want to change the way things work in our society. Whatever your goals, Alvernia's Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree with an emphasis in Community Leadership can set you on a course that's as individual as you are. The MALS for Community Leadership degree program helps you develop invaluable leadership talents to create sustainable communities for the present and the future.
- If your goal is to create or transform the concept of a sustainable community, and see your vision implemented, the MALS program gives you the tools to help make it happen.
- Developed by faculty with decades of experience in community development, Alvernia's MALS in Community Leadership curriculum will give you valuable insight and teach you to effectively get involved within the community.
- Your MALS degree can open doors to leadership positions within your current organization and many new career opportunities in other fields and agencies.
- You'll gain valuable opportunities to connect with fellow Alvernia graduate students, alumni and community leaders, and professionals on a state and local level.
Alvernia MALS graduates find employment with non-profit and for-profit sectors including cultural and environmental agencies, human and social services, and governmental agencies. No matter what your aspirations and dreams, we'll give you the tools and support to help your career thrive. Graduates find many professional career opportunities some of which include:
- Activity Advisor
- Community Organizer
- Data Analyst
- Diversity Consultant
- Event Planning Specialist
- Executive Director
- Human Relations Manager
- Market Researcher
- Patient Advocate
- Policy Analyst
- Program Director
- Volunteer Coordinator