Masters of Education Programs
Alvernia's Master of EducationTake Your Career to the Next Level
Education is a dynamic field. Alvernia's Masters of Education programs help meet the challenges of education with a curriculum that includes engaging teaching methodologies and innovative leadership skills. Students graduating from Alvernia leave with a degree that prepares them for their occupation in the field as well as developing an understanding of how to more effectively impact the students in the classroom with confidence and competence.
- Educational Leadership degree provides educators with a broad-based knowledge of leadership in the field of education, whether for an administrative position or for a classroom teacher serving in a leadership capacity, such as a department chair or community leader.
- Special Education can give you the teaching skills for educating special-needs students using theory, fundamental techniques and research based best practices. You'll master both historical and current knowledge of legislation, laws and research findings, existing and emerging theory, and methods of assessment for this student population.
- Urban Education lets you explore various educational roles by learning about the challenges of working with students, parents, educators and in community residents to help promote equity in education. This degree provides you with a broad-based knowledge of leadership, in an educational position or for a classroom teacher.
Alvernia graduates find employment in virtually all schools in Berks County and in many schools throughout the Middle Atlantic region. No matter what your aspirations and dreams, we'll give you the tools and support to help your career thrive. Here are several career path options for the above M.Ed. programs:
- College Instructor
- Department Head
- District Coordinator
- Education Consultant
- Education Management Specialist
- Educational Researcher
- Education and Training Administrator
- Educational Resource Coordinator
- Resource Teacher
- School Business Official
- School Director
- School Management
- Special Education Teacher
- Team Leader
- Textbook Writer